Job Description for School Director/Principal
Position Summary: The Director/Principal provides administrative, teaching, and
spiritual leadership to maintain a school that excels in Christian-centered education. It is
his/her responsibility to direct, lead, and inspire all aspects of the school's daily
operations with students, parents, and faculty. Through a shared passion, the Director/
Principal promotes the early childhood ministries ( faith foundation ) of the church while
building relationships with families and faculty for the overall benefit of each student.
School Profile: St. Paul Christian School is preschool through fifth grade, preparing for
accreditation; it operates in a stand-alone building, in conjunction with some rooms in
the church. Current class structure-1--3 year old ( 5 day program ), 3--VPK ( 4 year old ),
2--Kindergarten, 1--1st grade, 1--2nd/3rd combined, 1--4th/5th combined, total
Before and After School Care Program--additional 50 student enrollment.
- A bachelor's degree in early childhood education desired.
- Master's degree in educational administration preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience teaching in a K-5 grade level, supervisor
- Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform
the duties of the job as described herein.
- Attainment within one year of employment, and maintenance of an Advanced
Director Credential and any other credentials mandated by the State of Florida.
- Possesses and exemplifies a faith-based, Christian commitment.
- Motivator for students and faculty in hopes to grow in their faith.
- Ability to understand and manage a Christian school program similar to St. Paul's.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for various age interactions.
- Acknowledges a commitment awareness to gender and ethnic/national origin
diversity at all levels in the workplace and within the student body.
- Must pass the State of Florida background check.
Abridged Synopsis of Vital Responsibilities:
- Recognized as head of the school who supervises all faculty, oversees the entire
day-to-day school operation, along with being the academic and instructional
- Reports directly to established, internal School Board/Board of Education, which is
a designated committee under the authority of St. Paul Lutheran Church Council.
- Complies with State Licensing (VPK) regulations, including to complete required
- Coordinates preparation for school accreditation requirements.
- Supervises the maintenance of all records, and registration documents.
- Prepares and executes school budget, along with overseeing fiscal compliance.
- Plans the school year calendar/posts the established program activities.
- Works in cooperation with the Senior Pastor, assisting in a mission capacity for
the Children Ministry of the church.
- Reviews with the School Board assessments of school/ playground needs, and
- Coordinates qualified van drivers for school transportation needs, including field
- Coordinates schedule and activities with Aftercare Supervisor for Before/After
School Care Program and Summer Camp.
3. Development-Supervision and Personnel
- Recruits, hires, trains, and formally evaluate all staff members in compliance with
state regulations, through personal, classroom observations.
- Authors and oversees employee contracts.
- Encourages and provides opportunities for team building and staff collaboration.
- Shepherds the staff and demonstrates servant-leadership both academically and
- Provides a vision for program development, enhancements, and school growth.
4. Curriculum and Instruction
- Collaborates with teachers to plan instructional activities for appropriate student
- Evaluates the instructional curriculum and procures it along with other required
- Incorporates Lutheran Church Calendar during school planning sessions.
- Stays abreast of leadership, educational, management trends, and innovations
via professional development, research, professional journals, and networking.
5. Facilities and Safety
- Monitors all safety compliance for students and faculty.
- Reviews safety issues at regular staff meeting.
- Oversees annual Okaloosa County Health Department inspection.
6. Marketing and Advertising
- Maintains and updates the school handbook.
- Assists in developing publicity awareness, including user-friendly website.
- Implements strategies to recruit, maintain enrollment, and meet community
- Provides school tours with prospective families.